A lot of the commercial shaving creams which are available in drug stores and supermarkets today are filled with chemicals and toxins which many of us would prefer to avoid.
To prevent this, I've been making my own shaving cream for a few years now and over time I've improved and changed the recipe to suit my and my friends needs. This is the recipe that I'm currently using, feel free to use this as a base template and to make changes and additions where you see fit!
Share this Image On Your Site
Homemade Shaving Cream Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup of Shea Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda
- 15 Drops of your Favorite Essential Oils (I prefer Lavender)
- One Mason Jar for Containing
- First, you're going to need to melt the shea butter the coconut oil together. You should do this at a medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the olive oil
- Add in 15 drops of your chosen essential oil (if you choose to mix, use a total of 15 drops across the chosen oils)
- Put the mixture into the fridge until it hardens
- Once it has solidified, remove from the fridge and allow it to cool for a few minutes until it's at around room temperature
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and beat until it's light and fluffy, it should look like cream icing that you would use on a cake
- Apply generously to the area you are shaving and enjoy!